The International Education Office encourages all students to study abroad during their undergraduate career. UCLA offers a wide variety of options that you should consider when deciding where and when to go abroad. There are so many interesting programs, you may have difficulty deciding. If you do not yet know which EAP program you'd like to select, you can:
- Use the EAP Program Search and research country options;
- Use the EAP Course Catalog to get an idea of classes that may be available abroad;
- Meet with an IEO Counselor;
- Attend a workshop.
Here are some some other factors to consider as you make your choice:
- Major and program of study; identify a program that will allow you to earn credit toward your degree;
- Duration of program; program lengths vary from short-term summer options, semester or year-long programs;
- Life goals and aspirations; if there's someplace you've always wanted to go, a culture you've always wanted to explore, or a language you've always wanted to learn, this is the time to do it.