Jorge Paulo Lemann Scholarship and Fellowship Fund
The UCLA International Institute is pleased to announce the Jorge Paulo Lemann Scholarship and Fellowship. The Fund will provide a limited number of fellowships for Brazilian students to study at UCLA as part of short-term, non-degree programs. Award amounts will range from $2,000 - $4,000, depending upon length of study and financial need. The Lemann Fellowships are designed for students from any academic background.
- Undergraduate students must first be accepted into an established exchange program between their home university and UCLA. Such programs currently exist between UCLA and the Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina (Florianópolis) and through the UC Education Abroad Program (Rio de Janeiro or Salvador).
- Graduate students must either be accepted into an established exchange program between their home university and UCLA (see above) or be accepted to UCLA as a short-term visiting international graduate student, as outlined here: http://www.ieo.ucla.edu/internationalstudents.htm#2b.
- Applicants must have a minimum 3.0 GPA or equivalent from their home institutions at the time of application;
- Applicants should be residents of Brazil.
Please note that these scholarships will be awarded through a competitive application process. Preference will be given to applicants for whom the experience of studying abroad will have the greatest potential impact – academically and personally.
July 1, 2011
- Download and complete the scholarship application;
- Personal statement: Please share your reasons for wanting to study at UCLA with the scholarship selection committee. You should discuss why you have chosen this particular country and program, and how you anticipate the experience will impact your academic and/or professional goals, and your personal growth. [300 words]
- Scanned copy of your most current transcript;
- Please email completed applications to email@example.com.
Applications will be reviewed by the Lemann Scholarship Faculty Committee.