UCLA 100,000 Strong Initiative
The UCLA International Education Office is pleased to announce the generous support of the Coca-Cola Foundation to support the U.S. State Department's 100,000 Strong Initiative, providing need-based scholarships to students studying abroad in China. The Fund will provide scholarships in the amount of $2,500 for students studying on a summer Travel Study or UC EAP programs in China. The scholarships are designed for UCLA students from any academic background.
- Applicants must be attending a UCLA Travel Study program in China for the summer or a UC EAP program in China;
- Applicants must be financial aid recipients at UCLA;
- Applicants must be in good academic standing;
- Applicants must be U.S. residents;
- Applicants should not have previously studied abroad nor have significant foreign travel experience.
Please note that these scholarships are need-based and will be awarded through a competitive application process. Preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate that the experience of studying abroad will have great impact both academically and personally.
The next round of scholarship applications will be due on May 17, 2013.
- Complete the online scholarship application.
- Upload a copy of your most recent Financial Aid Notification letter.
Applications will be reviewed by a UCLA faculty committee.