UCLA Confucius Institute Scholarship Fund
The UCLA Confucius Institute is pleased to announce a new scholarship program for students attending the UCLA Travel Study program at Shanghai Jiao Tong University. Up to fifteen $1,000 scholarships will be awarded to students who are dedicated to Chinese language acquisition. Preference will be given to students who are studying abroad for the first time. UC students from any academic background are invited to apply.
- Applicants must be attending the UCLA Travel Study program at Shanghai Jiao Tong University;
- Applicants should not have previously studied abroad nor have significant foreign travel experience;
- Applicants must have maintained a minimum 3.0 GPA at the time of application;
- Applicants should be U.S. residents.
- Applicants must be financial aid recipients at UC.
Please note that these scholarships will be awarded through a competitive application process. Preference will be given to applicants for whom the experience of studying abroad will have the greatest potential impact academically and personally.
March 31 , 2011
- Download and complete the scholarship application;
- Attach a copy of your most current UC transcript and Financial Aid Notification letter;
- Please mail or deliver completed applications to:
UCLA International Education Office
B300 Murphy Hall
Los Angeles, CA 90095
Applications will be reviewed by the UCLA Confucius Institute. Applicants will be notified of decisions by April 8, 2011.