Chancellor's Fund for Study Abroad in Germany
The UCLA International Institute is pleased to announce the Chancellor's Fund for Study Abroad in Germany established in 2011 by Mr. Jonathan Fragodt '91. The Fund will provide three $2,250 scholarships annually for students studying in Germany - two awards will be provided to students studying through UCEAP and one award for a student attending the UCLA Travel Study program. The scholarships are designed for UCLA students from any academic background.
- Applicants must be attending UCEAP (all Berlin, Gottingen, and Potsdam options are eligible) or UCLA Travel Study for at least one academic term (i.e. summer, quarter, semester or year abroad);
- Applicants should not have previously studied abroad nor have significant foreign travel experience;
- Applicants must have maintained a minimum 3.25 GPA at the time of application;
- Applicants should be U.S. residents;
- Applicants must be financial aid recipients at UCLA.
Please note that these scholarships will be awarded through a competitive application process. Preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate that the experience of studying abroad will have great impact both academically and personally.
March 31, 2013 - for students attending programs beginning in summer or fall 2013
November 2, 2013 - for students attending programs beginning in winter or spring 2014
- Complete the online scholarship application. APPLY HERE
- Upload a copy of your most recent Financial Aid Notification letter.
Applications will be reviewed by a UCLA faculty committee. Applicants will be notified of decisions by April 22, 2013 for summer and fall 2013 applicants and December 14, 2013 for winter and spring 2014 applicants.